My name is Per Karlsén and I was born in Stockholm (Sweden) in 1963.
I lived in Tyresö during my childhood and in various places in Stockholm ever since.
In my childhood I spent a lot of time sailing in the archipelago around Stockholm with my parents.
I think this was the beginning of my love for the sea, but it wasn’t until later in life I fully understood that.
Since my father was quite creative I also had good oppurtunities to build things.
Big or small, there was always some project going on. And it has continued that way since then and today I can appreciate a good relationship with my skills and creativity.
Doing some maintenance.
I was married to Sara during 1990 – 2012 and together we have 3 children, Miranda, Stella and Elliot.
For a great deal of my life I’ve been working with elevators in different jobs.
In the beginnnig as a technician and later on as supervisor, projectmanager, in sales and eventually I started my own busininess as an elevator consultant in 2000.
The common factor througout the years has been technical problemsolving which I also enjoy a lot.
The things that fills me with joy are:
– To do nice things with my hands
– Good relations with the people I love
– Good communication and cooperation, especially aboard
– Sailing and being at sea
– Nice design and good, long lasting quality
– People who do things in the opposite way
– An openminded view of life
– Most of the music made by Steven Wilson
– A nice morning in the cockpit of Eriam with 1 – n cups of black tea and plenty of time for reflections and thoughts.
Rabat january 2019
And these are the things that don’t:
– To freeze
– Disrespectful and narrow-minded people
– People close to me in pain, who are dying or dissapearing
Apart from that I’m quite easygoing and like to think that most things are worthwhile.
That’s about it I guess.